Persons travelling or moving abroad and especially to risk-prone areas can submit a travel notification to the Ministry for Foreign Affairs or the mission of Finland in the country.

A travel notification means that you give

  • your personal details
  • valid contact details during your journey
  • details concerning your journey
to the Ministry to be used in case of an emergency or crisis situation.

Travel notification is voluntary

Personal information entered in the service will never be disclosed for other than necessary official purposes. Retention of the data is based on the Consular Services Act. In the notification, you can give your consent to the use of the data on other communications by public authorities.

The Ministry recommends that persons travelling to risk-prone countries and independent travellers submit a travel notification. Finnish citizens with a permanent residence abroad can also submit a travel notification. The Population Register Centre does not communicate information concerning moves abroad to Finnish missions abroad.